Sunday, September 21, 2014

Whatis: The Rev 3.0

Let's get a few things out of the way.

This is a non-academic academic blog. I'm going to mostly be posting papers about Hegelian philosophy as it applies to incredibly dumb subjects. I will be updating infrequently. I will try to limit posts to around ~800 word chunks to make things more digestible.

To get the self-introduction out of the way, I'm a translator (English-Japanese) who occasionally writes faux-academic papers when I'm supposed to be working. I went to the University of Pittsburgh for my MA, so my Hegel is going to largely follow that lineage. However, my main area of interest is the work of Hiroki Azuma, so you know, expect to hear a lot about him.

I love arguing, so feel free to leave as many nitpicking comments as you like. On the other hand, I love arguing, so I sometimes take things to far. When I argue back, please understand that I'm not trying to be a dick, I'm just having fun.

That should be enough of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment